About low height perimeter hoardings
When a retail premises is positioned in the middle a large open space (such as a food court) and it requires some form of construction works, a ‘Low Height Perimeter hoarding’ is generally installed just outside that area to restrict public access to the site by way of a physical barrier.
The intent of using a low height hoarding is so that visual ‘site lines’ across the mall / open area / food court aren’t restricted in a way that a ‘full height’ hoarding would. The standard height of a Low Height Perimeter hoarding is 1.2mH.
The location of such retail sites is usually indoors and have no impact from any outdoor wind pressure or gusts, however it is possible for them to be outdoors and as such, this needs to be accounted for as per AS4687.
It is commonplace to see an example of an ‘Low Height Perimeter hoarding’ in most Shopping Centres, Airports or Train Stations etc and in particular within the middle of the mall space – it would usually have some form of advertising material / images applied to the hoarding post installation.
Given the location of such hoardings are usually in ‘high pedestrian traffic areas’ then adherence to the required Australian Standard (AS4687) is critical.
Compliance for low height perimeter (kiosk) Hoardings
Australian Standard AS4687 provides the technical, safety and minimum structural guidelines that all A-Class hoardings must adhere to.
This technical guide ensures that the hoarding is capable of withstanding a physical ‘impact’ to both the front and the rear of the hoarding of a certain force so as to simulate an equivalent occurrence / accident during any general construction works.
All hoardings must be erected in accordance to AS4687 and a structural engineer should issue certification to confirm that the installation has been completed in a compliant manner.
The Lomax hoarding system doesn’t require bracing as it is counterweighted at the rear of the panels and so is completely free-standing – This approach makes the Lomax hoarding system the ideal solution to ensure that compliance to AS4687 is achieved in every installation again and again!
This compliance to AS4687 is supported by all the required certification issued by an independent, external structural engineer.
The Lomax system is designed, tested and manufactured to exceed AS-4687 requirements.
Why use the Lomax system?
- Designed and engineered for compliance to AS4687 – All configurations are certified by an external, independent structural engineer
- Narrow Footprint – All our ‘Low Height Perimeter’ hoarding configurations (and many outdoors) have an extremely narrow footprint of only 46cm
- Free-Standing – It is a completely self-supporting system – no bracing or floor penetrations required – no property damaged caused.
- It’s Safe and Secure – For maximum safety and our peace of mind, our clever design ensures weights cannot be detached from the hoarding panels whilst the hoarding is still standing
- Supports Cross Beams – A critical cosmetic feature to ensure the hoarding doesn’t move or snake around post-install – The hoarding stays straight.
- Offers a Support Post – A Steel Support Post extends upwards from the counterweights to increase the height of the fulcrum point of the system, reduce the quantity of weight required and ultimately offer enhanced structural stability
- Multiple Panel Thicknesses + Type – Suitable for 12mm MDF / 16mm Particle Board and many more
- It’s Stable – The standard MPG10 90×45 (4×2) timber is logically orientated on the strong axis for extra strength and stability at greater height
National Hoarding Sales, Hire, Design & Installation
Hire or buy hoarding & fencing products from us so you can build your own compliant solutions, or use our Nationwide hoarding design & installation service.